Litecoin to Monero/Bitcoin #
Like it was mentioned before the fees that come with bitcoin have gotten higher and higher. Litecoin is a very similar coin to Bitcoin that you can start with and convert to Monero (recommended) and save yourself some money on the fees.
Remember everything with Litecoin is also public, and can be tracked back to you. If you start with Litecoin you should always be converting to XMR.
How you bought your coins does not matter when you follow this path to break the chain to your identity: For our example here we are going to use Elude and Kilos. A list of of other exchanges can be found on /d/Monero . Once you have done converting a few times you might want to try using a script. More info on using scripts can be found on /d/Monero
- Send your coins from your exchange to your private wallet.
NOTE: Always keep “clean” coins in this wallet. This wallet should NEVER send coins directly to a market as it could be linked to you.
- Go to http://eludemailxhnqzfmxehy3bk5guyhlxbunfyhkcksv4gvx6d3wcf6smad.onion/exchange
- Click Exchange Litecoin to XMR (or Bitcoin).
- Enter the address that you would like your XMR/BTC coins to be sent to.
- Send your Litecoin to the address shown.
- Click check status of transfers, and make a note of the exchange status key.
- Wait for your XMR/BTC to arrive.
- Enter your Monero/Bitcoin address where it says Where should we send your coins?
- Send LTC
- Change Get BTC to Get XMR (or Bitcoin)
- Create coin swap
- Send your coins to the Deposit address that is shown
- Make sure you make a note of the Swap ID, and get a copy of the PGP signed proof so if you have any issues the Kilos staff can help you!
This is the path your coins just took: Exchange-> LTCWallet1-> Elude/Kilos-> XMR/BTC wallet.